2018 Chairman Report
By: Fallon Prince
It has been a learning curve the last two years on the Family and Friends Foundation. I joined in 2017 and after a year as a board member I took on the role as chair. A thank you to all veteran members who have given their time, knowledge, and experience.
The foundation currently has $1.5 million dollars in assets, and in 2019 we were able to grant out $49,581.00 to our communities of Spy Hill, Churchbridge, and Langenburg. Here are some ways the Foundation contributed to community initiatives this year:
- Various projects at both CPS and LCS to aid in technology, recreation, and student inclusion
- Grain entrapment training through Churchbridge Fire and Rescue
- Numerous athletic projects for the United Soccer Club, the Langenburg Archery Club, Langenburg Minor Hockey, and Langenburg Minor Ball
- Developments at the Langenburg Daycare and the Little Poppets Nursery School
- An access ramp at Langenburg New Horizons
- Several renovations and additions to the Langenburg Care Home
- Providing for the arts through covering the cost of printing Potashville Mysic Festival programs and assisting in the cost of new signage at the George Layh Theatre
- Community beautification projects such as spring planting with Churchbridge Communities in Bloom, the Main Street planters in Langenburg, and beach enhancements at Carlton Trail
- Helping to provide a new security system at the Churchbridge and District Fitness Centre
- Committing to support the Langenburg Swimming Pool Project
It’s amazing to be a part of a foundation that is able to give so much back to our communities! Children, families, youth, and seniors all benefit from Family and Friends!
Some highlights this past year include:
- The Pink and Chocolate Reception was held this past fall. This fundraiser brought in $6,326 for our Breast Cancer Awareness Fund. A special thanks to LCS for their Saskatchewan Student Leadership Conference donation of $3000. All schools who attended the conference were asked to donate to our fund and we thank them for their generosity.
- This May we will host two grad luncheons with grade 12 classes of LCS and CPS. This is a chance to tell them about the Foundation, discuss their role in the community, and to encourage them to one day give back to the Foundation.
- The Leroy Walz Golf for Health event was hosted once again this July taking in $34, 036. Some of the members of the core leadership team have decided to step down from this role. We give many thanks to Tim Mitschke, Brian Ingjaldson, Barb Lundgren, and Ward Wolson for the countless hours that they have put into this amazing event which has brought in funds to continually upgrade the Langenburg Carehome.
- We established the Langenburg Swimming Pool Flow-Through Fund to assist with fundraising for this large scale project.
- Farewell to Ross Putland for his two year term, and to Tyrel Thorpe after six years of services given to the board.
- Members who will continue to serve include: Mona Kaminski, Mervin Kendall, Brandon Eskra, Morley Thorpe, Brooks Mack, & Randy McDonell.
A special thank you to our Program Administrator, Cherryl Kotzer, for her time and organization of the Foundation, and to Lorrie & Connie Popp and their staff at Smalltown Financial for the hours put into managing and reporting the funds.
Thanks again to all of the members of the communities of Spy Hill, Churchbridge, and Langenburg. Your generosity allows us to give back and make our communities a better place!
On behalf of the board we thank you for all you do!
– Fallon Prince
Laying Cornerstones for the Future
Family & Friends Community Foundation Inc. • Box 800, Langenburg, Saskatchewan, S0A 2A0 • firstname.lastname@example.org